Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Semi Homemade Poutine

One word.  Addicting.

Yes, now when my MIL/FIL come over and I ask what would you like me to make for dinner (this is not dinner, but could be ;))...the response has been poutine! A delicious beef gravy over crispy fries with fresh cheese curds and rosemary.  Yep, that's it!  Love this Canadian dish!

So I cheat on the fries....just get 1-2 bags of frozen (extra crispy) fries and bake to your likeness (aka extra crispy, especially if you don't want your fries to be soggy)

Cheese Curds:  I buy regular fresh/local cheddar cheese curds. Some come in different flavors etc.

Rosemary:  Take off stem and use whole or chop.

Gravy:
2-3 cups of beef broth
2-3 TB flour
2-3 TB butter
In a small saucepan over low/medium heat, make a roux with the flour and butter.  When a browned, smooth thick paste add the broth and whisk until smooth and has thickened. Add fresh diced rosemary leaves and heat through. Salt and pepper to taste.

In a dish (I used my cast iron pan) layer fries and cheese curds.  Top with gravy.  

Bake until curds are melted and bubbling.  Enjoy every bite!


No comments:

Post a Comment