Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rosemary Pizza with Zucchini


A VERY homemade pizza! Simply Delicious!  I was just in the mood for some tasty bread and pizza, so I put them together and it turned out to be heaven.   A thin, crispy crust that was just perfect and full of flavor!  In the garden I picked fresh rosemary, basil and zucchini.  I had already made homemade pizza sauce from my tomatoes so I was ready to go.  I hope this inspires you, too!



Dough: Makes 2 pizzas
1 heaping TB of fresh rosemary; finely chopped
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 TB yeast (1 package)
pinch of salt


1 TB of Olive Oil


You only need to use 1/2 of the dough for pizza, I froze the other half for a rainy day!

Mix yeast in warm water.  In a bowl, add flour.  Make a hole in the center. Add rosemary then the warm water/yeast mixture, salt and olive oil.  Knead with hands or mixer until the dough is no longer sticking to your hand/kneader.  May need more flour...

Put in bowl with olive oil (so it won't stick) and let rise at room temperature for a 1 1/2 to 2 hours.


Assembling the Pizza:

Pre-Heat Oven to 500 degrees

1 zucchini, sliced thin
1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
Pizza Sauce : Tomatoes, garlic, basil cooked down.
Fresh Mozzarella
Fresh Ricotta Salata
Fresh Basil Leaves

Roll out dough.  Put a thin layer of sauce.  Layer with basil leaves, fresh mozzarella and zucchini slices on top.  Add  onion slices and top with ricotta salata and a pinch of salt and pepper!  Bake pizza for 15- 20 minutes.  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment