Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Lemon Artichoke Soup

I tried to replicate one of my favorite soups I order in a local restaurant.  I think this came out pretty good if not better!  


2 cups artichokes; quartered
1 1/2 lemons
mirepoix (chopped onions, carrots and celery)
2 cloves of garlic; minced
about 3 cups chicken stock (I used broth, but would change to stock for the next time)
2 cups heavy cream
salt and pepper

In a pot saute mirepoix, garlic, salt and pepper until onions sweat.  Add chicken stock and half of the artichokes.  Once heated through, blend the mirepoix and artichokes with emulsifier.  Add the juice of 1 lemon and cream.  Add the other half of the artichokes and half of lemon to the pot.  Let simmer on low for 10 minutes to blend flavors.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy with fresh bread on the side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment