Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vegetable Stew Over Couscous

As I picked the last of the veggies from the garden and the temperature has cooled WAY down, all I want is a hot comforting meal and this does does just the trick on a cool fall night.




3 cloves garlic; finely chopped
1 small onion; finely chopped
1/2 bell pepper; chopped
1 tablespoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
4 medium tomatoes; cubed
1 medium zucchini; cubed
1 medium eggplant; cubed
1/3 cup tomato paste
1-2+ cups water (depending how thick you want your stew)
salt and pepper to taste
couscous 
Parmesan cheese










In a large pot add the first 3 ingredients.  Cook until the onion is browned.  Add basil, oregano and tomatoes.  Cook for 5 minutes.  Add tomato paste and desired amount of water; I used about a cup and a half.  Mix.  Add eggplant.  Cook for another 5-8 minutes.  I add the zucchini last because I like them a little under cooked.  Cook on low for 5-8 minutes.  Serve over couscous and top with Parmesan cheese.  Enjoy!


Note:  Couscous takes less than 10 minutes to cook:)  I started the couscous when I put the zucchini in the stew...

No comments:

Post a Comment