Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Apple Crisp

The smell of autumn leaves, fresh pumpkins and sweet scrumptious soul soothing apple crisp!  
Last week, I was craving this wonderfully delicious fall dessert.  I find this recipe to be the perfect one of all!  I am not a huge fan of nuts and oats mixed into desserts, but this still has that crunchy bite from the  butter, flour and sugar mixture that goes on top of the sliced apples that makes each spoonful perfect.  Each sweet bite of warm apple crisp is like a party in your mouth!  Here is my mom's recipe for apple crisp.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


4 cups of sliced apples
1/4 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)


Mound apples in buttered 9" round pan.  Sprinkle apples with 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon and 1-2 tsp. of flour.  Mix all together.  
Combine sugar, flour and spices and a dash of salt till mixture is crumbly.  Sprinkle over apples.  
Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes or till apples are tender and top is browned.
Let sit for at least 15 minutes before you enjoy this hot apple crisp recipe.  I always enjoy a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!


YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment