Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Meatball Calzone




Sunday nights are usually sauce nights in the chilly months of the year, but tonight, I made a massive meatball calzone!  Homemade meatballs and sauce inside delicious dough with lots of cheese, sounded perfect to me!



Roll out dough on a large pizza pan.  I heated up my meatballs and sauce, because I froze batches of homemade sauce earlier this month. Half the meatballs so they are in smaller bite size pieces.



Layer cheese (mozzarella, provolone, parmesan mixture) on half of the dough, then meatballs and sauce, then more cheese.  Fold over the other half of the dough and pinch the ends together.


Brush egg wash over the dough, this will give the calzone a pretty color.  Be sure to cut a few small slits to let out steam while baking!


Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees.  Let sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting it open.


Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment