Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pesto Chicken

Garlic, Basil, pine nuts oh, my!  Pesto is a quick way to spruce up any meal!  In the summer I usually make my own pesto, but now that its back to the grind and we no longer have fresh basil in the garden, fresh pesto from Wegmans works every time!  If you are in a hurry and need a tasty chicken dish, this is the recipe for you!  I will need to give out some props for my husband, Jason, for this creation.   When we first started dating, I remember him making this meal and thinking, wow, this is really tasty and tender!  Impressive, right?  
All you need is:
Boneless chicken breasts
pesto
thinly sliced tomato
mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Layer pesto on top of chicken (if you do think of this ahead, you can always marinate chicken in Italian dressing).  Bake in oven for 20 minutes.  After 20 minutes, top pesto with 2 thin slices of tomato and a thick layer of mozzarella cheese.  Bake for another 5-7 minutes.  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment