Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chicken French

The first time I made chicken french was in 6th or 7th grade for the home and careers unit.  We had to make a dinner for our family and my mom taught me how to make chicken french.  Ever since then, it has been one of my favorite meals.  It is such a tasty meal with the tanginess from lemon, salty from capers, and savory from the sherry wine and butter.  It is a sure dish for tender and flavorful chicken!  


Bread chicken in flour mixture with garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Fry in oil until golden brown and mostly cooked through.  Remove chicken from pan.


For the sauce:
1-2 teaspoons of capers
1 lemon
1/2 cup sherry wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 TB butter
optional: quartered artichokes 


To frying pan add: butter, capers, 2 or three thin slices of lemon, the juice of the rest the lemon, capers chicken broth and sherry wine.  Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.  Add chicken to sauce and cook for another 4-5 minutes on each side.  ENJOY :)


I didn't have artichokes in the cabinet, but I usually add them and serve over rice.

1 comment:

  1. Great recipe!
    Thanks for sharing..........

    ReplyDelete