Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Greens and Beans over Tortellini

Greens and Beans are a classic Italian dish, that is delicious on its own, with chicken, sausage, or sausage tortellini as I made it.  To me, growing up in an Italian household, this is a comfort food that I crave!  From the minute I start sauteing the garlic, I just know this was a good decision for dinner.   Here is an easy, delicious meal anyone can make at home!


1 bag of escarole
2 large cloves of garlic
1/2 - 3/4 cup chicken broth
1 can cannellini beans
olive oil
salt and pepper
hot pepper flakes
Parmesan Cheese


Boil pasta water.
Heat up large skillet with olive oil, hot pepper flakes and minced garlic.  Add a large handful of greens to skillet, mix with garlic.  Add a little chicken broth to pan.  Mix until cooked.  Repeat steps until all the greens are in the pan.  Once all the greens are cooked through, add one can of rinsed beans (if you like it thicker, don't rinse the beans).  Salt and pepper greens and beans. Cook on low. When you add the beans to the pan, add pasta to water.  Serve greens and beans over pasta, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. ENJOY :)
Have I mentioned how much I love to shop at Wegmans?  My favorite thing to do each weekend is grocery shopping!  I just love walking around smelling the wonderful flavors, fresh bread, cheeses and plain old goodness!  What is there not to love?  I know, I know the crowds, but it doesn't bother me that much...
Any who, I just love the fresh pastas Wegmans prepares.  Every tortellini is just amazing.  With my greens and beans I paired it with the tortellini with sausage and white wine sauce.  YUMMO!  If you have not tried these tasty treats, I highly recommend scoping them out next time in Wegmans!

No comments:

Post a Comment