Search This Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry

I love veggies and this is a great dish to incorporate lots of fresh vegetables!  I never really made stir fry's until I met my husband.  Now, we make a different stir fry 2-3 times a month.  Last night, I made a ginger, honey marinade for the shrimp and vegetables.  I LOVE fresh ginger.  It has such a fresh delicious taste and a little bit, goes a long way!  One thing I have to tell you,  I did not measure any quantities for the sauce....sorry!  With most sauces I actually NEVER measure, I just add the flavors I want to include in the dish and hope for the best!
Shrimp:  Peeled and deveined
Sauce:  Marinate half with shrimp for about 1/2 hour and 1/2 for veggies
Soy Sauce
Worcestershire Sauce 
fresh grated ginger  
minced garlic
hot pepper flakes
honey
olive oil

Vegetables:
sliced baby carrots
1 head of broccoli
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
scallions

Heat wok with sauce, add all vegetables except scallions.  Heat through, add scallions.  When vegetables are almost cooked through, push to the side and add shrimp and marinade to wok.  Cook on both sides until pink.  Mix with veggies.  Serve over rice!  ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment