Search This Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bacon Spinach Quiche

Just in the mood for a delicious breakfast to start off the beautiful fall day.  If it involves baking I can make it!  I had all the ingredients and have been craving this dish, so...I made it!  It is easy and delicious, the two best criteria for cooking in the morning! 

Saute 1/2 small cooking onion and chopped bacon.  Add roughly chopped fresh baby spinach until just heated though.  Layer in pie crust.

Combine 6 eggs, 1 1/2 cups of milk/heavy cream (I used 1/2 of heavy cream, 1 cup milk since we drink skim milk), salt and pepper.  Pour over spinach and bacon saute.

Add Cheese.  I used a mix of cheddar, mozzarella, provolone.  Enough for a think layer on top and lightly mix into egg mixture.

Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.  

Let cool for about 10 minutes.  Enjoy a delicious breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment