Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sweet and Sour Pork

This week I was craving some comfort food from my childhood.  My mom is a fabulous cook and I have to say my love for food started at home, savory and sweet!  Not only did my brother and I have hot, tasty meals every night, but dessert was also a must.  To this day my brother and I are food snots and are always looking forward to our next meal and going home to mom's for a homemade treat!  My brother, Ross, and I are always trying to replicate meals we had growing up.  This week I made two meals that I always enjoyed.  This blog is about one of my favorite pork dishes growing up.  Here it is!


2 bone -in pork chops
Flour Mixture: Flour, ground ginger, salt and pepper
1 cooking onion chopped
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 cup chili sauce
2 TB Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
Flour both sides of pork in mixture and brown both sides of pork in pan with olive oil.
In a baking dish combine, chopped onions, chili sauce, brown sugar, cider vinegar and beef broth.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Sumerge pork in sweet and sour sauce.  Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.  The sauce is so delicious you will want to soak up all the flavors!
I took a few spoonfuls of the sweet and sour sauce to marinate and cook broccoli, it was delish!
ENJOY :)

1 comment:

  1. You have to try this dish, to know that this recipe is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete