Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cheesy Mac 'n Cheese

Over the weekend we had a party and I made 2 lbs of mac and cheese.  Who doesn't like macaroni and cheese, anyway??  It was pretty good, if I do say so myself!  Did I mention..I LOVE CHEESE!


2 lbs medium shells
2 cups of heavy cream
1 cup of milk
4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
3 cups of gruyere cheese
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of bread crumbs


Cook Macaroni as instructed. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large pan heat heavy cream, cheddar cheese and gruyere cheese and 4 Tb, of butter.  Once it has started to melt, add milk to create thickness of cheese sauce of your choice.
Mix shells and cheese sauce. Pour into large pan.  Coat top of mac 'n cheese with bread crumbs and small pieces of butter to help crisp up.  Bake for at least 30 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious Sara... I might just have to make that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara - So this is my first attempt at one of your recipes! I am excited! My mother-in-law suggested I give your blog a try (it came highly recommended to her by your wonderful mother!:).
    This looks perfect for a crisp, fall evening! And child-friendly!
    I am substituting swiss for gruyere and am doubling the recipe. I will let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe turned out great! It was a hit with the whole family. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! I hope you enjoy my blog! Let me know if you tried/changed any recipes, I would love to hear how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete