Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Meatballs

Ever since I can remember, I have seen my mother make hundreds of batches of fresh sauce and meatballs.  They are just the best.  I have become a sauce brat indeed.  Yep, so spoiled from my Italian roots that I rarely order red sauce out, because it just doesn't compare to my mama's.  Now, I have taken on the "secret" recipe...it may take a few years to get this incredible combination down to an art, but they are delicious indeed!

2 lbs of beef/pork/veal mix
2 eggs/milk
breadcrumbs
Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
parsley
garlic powder
basil
small onion/ 3 cloves of garlic chopped in food processor with olive oil
Mix ingredients, brown in frying pan, and continue to cook in sauce!  Enjoy over fresh pasta!!

Fresh pot of sauce with tomatoes from the garden!!

No comments:

Post a Comment