Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Chicken Marsala

Tonight, not only did I get myself caught up with blogging about my adventures in the kitchen, but I also made one of my favorite chicken dishes, Chicken Marsala!  I found this perfectly easy take on chicken Marsala from a friend that told me she found a great recipe on food network.  This recipe is adapted from Emrill Lagasse.  I also think this may be one of his only recipes that does not call for over 15+ ingredients that you never have around the house!  I love his dishes, but for an everyday cook...most just are not realistic.  Here is recipe that you probably will have all the ingredients in the cupboard...


chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
olive oil
4 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup Marsala wine or 1/2 cup Wegmans Marsala Wine Sauce
3/4 cup chicken stock
1 cup/package mini portabella mushrooms
paprika
garlic powder
dried thyme
salt and pepper
Mix dry ingredients together.  Coat chicken breasts in flour mixture.  Heat frying pan with olive oil.  Brown chicken.  Take out chicken.  Add butter and mushrooms to pan.  Cook mushrooms.  Add chicken stock and Marsala wine to pan.  When sauce starts to boil, add chicken back into the pan.  Let chicken cook through and sauce thicken.  Plate and ENJOY :)

1 comment:

  1. Sara,
    Anne and I just went on your blog and we love what we have seen so far. Your pictures are great and now we are starving. Can't wait to try some of your recipes. I will read more in depth at some point.
    Jingle Jingle,
    Carol and Anne

    ReplyDelete