Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan

A classic dish, I could never be sick of.  Eggplant Parmesan!  My Parents have a fabulous garden each summer with fresh, organic produce, eggplant being one of them.  There was an abundance of eggplant and tomatoes this year.  So much, I was able to make lots of eggplant parm with homemade sauce to freeze for quick meals.  Today was going to be a longer day and this morning I took out my frozen eggplant parm to thaw in the fridge.  All I did was bake it at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. And it was fabulous!  The best part of the evening was that there was no mess in the kitchen!  I think my husband would agree!




1 eggplant
2 eggs
1-2 cups of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese
mozzarella cheese
olive oil
Sauce


Slice eggplant about 1/4 inch to 2/3 inch thick, dip in egg wash, coat in bread crumbs, fry in oil, layer with sauce and cheeses.  So easy!  
I would recommend doing a big batch of these at once, freeze some fried eggplants.  And that way the next time you go to make eggplant parmesan, all the mess and fuss is already done.  It is much easier to do it all at once that having to make a mess and clean it up after a long day at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment